Science Technology Engineering Mathematics and Environmental Education Research Group
Re-imagining futures in STEME
Team Viridescent to take gold in the Green Impact Program
Posted by Assoc. Prof. Peta White on August 7, 2019
Six members of the Burwood science education group and two amazing student interns have formed Team Viridescent as part of the Green Impact Program offered by Deakin Sustainability.
We are challenging ourselves to achieve GOLD with the following innovations:
- Promoting the University’s Sustainability website pages and the Organisational Sustainability at Deakin to colleagues and students: https://twitter.com/DeakinSust
- The team has proactively public transport, walking, cycling facilities, carpooling to university both ourselves and our colleagues. 63% of our team walk, ride, or take public transit to Deakin.
- Kitchen composting collection in Building C, level 3, Burwood.
- Recycling batteries, mobile phones, e-waste, plastics, and can tabs – to donate to the Mt Waverley PS recycling program.
- Organising a Viridescent Lunch – BYO food to share and reusable containers/cutlery (no plastics) – this Friday 16th August 2019
We have all signed up for the Take 2 pledge: https://www.sustainability.vic.gov.au/campaigns/take2 Check it out – maybe you should sign up too!
That is what we are doing but you can help as well:
- Take the Take2 pledge
- Join carpooling: https://deakin.mycarpools.com.au/Join
- Come to the Viridescent lunch
Whatever you do, STEME readers, let us know so we can include it. Join in and help us succeed in this important Deakin Initiative.
You can follow us on Instagram – Viridescent Green Impact