Science Technology Engineering Mathematics and Environmental Education Research Group
Re-imagining futures in STEME
Re-imagining futures in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Environmental Education
The Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Environmental Education (STEME) Research Group is dedicated to improving the teaching and learning of STEME through research into innovative educational practices.
In a time of rapid growth in knowledge, and in its applications and implications, we aim to develop a deeper strategic knowledge of STEME. We support innovation and change around key contemporary issues in STEME, and hope to make a difference in the preparedness of both children and professionals alike to engage with and respond to these issues.
Our research programs are:
- Exploring innovative & contemporary STEM practices, partnerships, futures
- Sub program: Interdisciplinary STEM
- Promoting critical and creative reasoning and learning in STEM
- Sub program: Gender issues in STEM
- Sub program: Multi-modal literacies and model-based reasoning in science and mathematics
- Studying and supporting STEM teachers, their practice and learning, and school change
- Sub program: Teaching Out Of Field
- Research methodologies
Under each of these research programs a variety of research projects are ongoing.