Science Technology Engineering Mathematics and Environmental Education Research Group
Re-imagining futures in STEME
Climate Change Education Forum
This day is dedicated to explore current state of Climate Change education in Victoria and to help create a vision for the future of climate change education in the state. The day will be delivered through a range of workshops from 10am to 4pm. Workshops will be designed to capture voices and thoughts, help inspire action as well as explore futures perspectives which we hope will lead to the creation of a plan to help develop climate change education in schools across Victoria.
Objectives for the Climate Change Education Forum – and beyond:
- Explore Climate Change Education throughout Victoria – create a map of current activities and look for opportunities to empower individuals through building capacity, skills and knowledge.
- Create connections across the education community to understand what is needed to engage further in climate change education.
- Students need a voice in this space.
- Provide an Industry showcase for climate action – to inspire.
- Development of a plan/guide to the future of Climate Change Education in Victoria.
If you are interested in attending this event, please contact Peta White by Monday 8th July (1pm)- after this time we may not be able to meet dietary requirements and we will wait list registrations (confirming with you asap).
This event is hosted by Dr. Peta White (Deakin University – Schools of Education) email@example.com and Sustainability Victoria.
Posted Jun 28, 2019