Science Technology Engineering Mathematics and Environmental Education Research Group
Re-imagining futures in STEME
Deakin STEM Education Conference 2021
The Deakin STEM Education Conference 2021 (online) will provide an online forum for schools and educators to share their innovations and join the discussion about how to use STEM education and entrepreneurship to develop the next generation of creative and innovative thinkers.
The conference will include keynotes, workshops, paper presentations and an industry tradeshow. The conference aims to:
- unpack the nature of, and possibilities for, STEM and entrepreneurship education for Australia and internationally
- share best practices for STEM and entrepreneurship education
- promote quality STEM education and cross-curriculum links
- explore how schools can stimulate the development of entrepreneurial attitudes, skills and knowledge within a STEM-related context
- explore how schools can mobilise and benefit from links with industry and the community
- explore how STEM and entrepreneurship education can interact to contribute to all young Australians becoming successful learners, confident and creative individuals, and active and informed citizens.
The focus of the conference is STEM and entrepreneurship education in schools, including:
- the nature of STEM as an area and focus;
- entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial thinking within a STEM-related context;
- innovations in schools (in-service);
- research informing STEM and entrepreneurship in schools;
- resources and programs designed to enhance STEM and entrepreneurship education.
- Conceptualising STEM and STEM policy
- Teaching approaches, strategies, activities, or resources relating to STEM subjects and/or entrepreneurship
- Curriculum development
- Learning and assessment
- Research that relates to STEM and/or entrepreneurship in schools
- Teacher education
- Industry links and partnerships
Submission guidelines – Call for Papers is now open. (now closed)
You are invited to submit proposals for papers and workshops. Interaction and exchange between participants will be encouraged within paper presentations and workshops.
Submissions can include reference to subject-specific approaches (for example, science or mathematics), and/or interdisciplinary approaches (for example, integrated subjects or activities). The emphasis is on schools: STEM education or entrepreneurship within a STEM-related context.
The full conference program is now available: Here
Posted Apr 27, 2020