Science Technology Engineering Mathematics and Environmental Education Research Group
Re-imagining futures in STEME
Call for papers: Deakin’s STEM Education Conference
Posted by Assoc. Prof. Linda Hobbs on February 10, 2021
We’re writing to let you know that we are now inviting paper and workshop presentation submissions for the Deakin STEM Education Conference 2021, being held 21-22 June at the Geelong Tech School at The Gordon, Geelong – we’d love you to consider submitting a proposal.
The focus of the conference is STEM and entrepreneurship education in schools, including:
- the nature of STEM as an area and focus;
- entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial thinking within a STEM-related context;
- innovations in schools (in-service);
- research informing STEM and entrepreneurship in schools;
- resources and programs designed to enhance STEM and entrepreneurship education.
All submissions should be aligned with at least one of the conference themes:
- Conceptualising STEM and STEM policy
- Teaching approaches, strategies, activities, or resources relating to STEM subjects and/or entrepreneurship
- Curriculum development
- Learning and assessment
- Research that relates to STEM and/or entrepreneurship in schools
- Teacher education
- Industry links and partnerships
Proposals for papers and workshops should encourage interaction and exchange between participants.
Should social distancing restrictions again be in effect in June 2021 this conference will be held online, however at this point in time we anticipate delivering a face-to-face experience.
For further information on submitting your proposal, please refer to the STEM Education Conference 2021 website.
Submissions close on Friday 2 April 2021.
We look forward to receiving your proposal, and joining us in June! If you have friends or colleagues who may also be interested in presenting or attending the conference, please feel free to let them know. You can download the flyer here