Science Technology Engineering Mathematics and Environmental Education Research Group
Re-imagining futures in STEME
Chemistry Education Association November Lectures online
Posted by Dr. Seamus Delaney on October 13, 2020
Registrations for the Chemistry Education Association (CEA) November lectures are now open. What is normally a full day of chemistry teacher professional learning will now be online and spread out across four afternoons in November.
The event this year will also be free. We encourage participants to also join the CEA ($10 Life membership!).
Wednesday 4 November,
- Detecting microplastics and toxic firefighting residue
- Brad Clarke (University of Melbourne)
Thursday 12 November, Workshops (Choose one)
- Improving your educational movies
- Chris Thompson (Monash University), Jason Goodie (Catholic College, Sale), Nicole Volkmann (Volkscience)
- Teaching VCE Chemistry for the first time
- Early Careers Chemistry Network
- Chemistry and Sustainable Development
- Seamus Delaney (Deakin University)
Thursday 19 November
- Measuring the drivers of climate change
- Zoe Loh (CSIRO)
Thursday 26 November
- VCE Chemistry Exam Q&A and discussion
- Lanna Derry (Tintern Grammar) and Drew Chan (PLC)
Register to attend here.